[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2184: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Goblin Mini Mart • View topic - Orks vs Space Marines 01.31.09

Orks vs Space Marines 01.31.09

Post your tales and pics of epic conquest here.

Orks vs Space Marines 01.31.09

Postby Skeller » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:16 am

Let me just say I suck at documenting battle reports. I've tried to do at least 5 and still have yet to succeed. I forget the camera, I forget to charge the batteries, and now I apparently set the picture quality to high so I can only get photos of half the game before the card is full. Not to mention, I use the shitty camera which has auto focus pocus issues. So that said here's the shoddy pictorial evidence of the 1325 point, annihilation, cities of death game Leroy Putty and I played Saturday. Leroy has never played his marines (because he just got them) and I made a brand new list on the fly, with a few new units I've never used. I hope you like gray.

We divided the 4x8 table in half with a fancy stick and set up our city terrain.

BR2. Terrainset up side.jpg

Which is the only terrain we really have so you'll get to see it a lot.

BR2. Terrainset up topdown.jpg

Cities of Death still uses the 4th ed. set up rules so we alternated deploying units until it was all on the board.

BR2. deployment.jpg

I took the sewer pipes strategem and Leroy took the teleport homer stratagem.

BR2. Marine deployment.jpg

His marines held their Terminators in reserve, for deep striking and I kept my Meganobs and my Bigmek with KFF and 24 slugga boys with power claw nob in reserve for sneaky sewer deployment.

BR2. Ork deployment.jpg

Leroy rolled first turn and he initiated a well disciplined advance into the ruins. The devastators opened up on the ork kans and took out one.

BR2. Marines advance wide angle.jpg

BR2. marines advance.jpg

On their turn the orks just started screaming waaagh! and punching each other in the face, then took off running towards the marines, while the Kans and dread stomped forward.

BR2. Ork turn 1.jpg

Turn 2 sees the marine tact squads and dread continue their advance while the devastators pop off another kan.

BR2. shot up kans.jpg

The Warboss and nobs keep running towards the marine lines while the remaining kans and deff dred plod forward hosing down the marines with big shoota fire and rokkits, maybe killing off one or two. Suddenly the Meganobs smash out of the sewer hole right in the middle of the marines forces and open up with a skorcha and TL shootas into the back of the command squad in the nearby ruins, killing two, I think.

BR2. meganobs attack wide angle 2.jpg

BR2. Meganobs from the sewer.jpg

On turn three the Space marines blast on the Meganobs with all they have, but the Nobs shrug it off. The Devs blast a power klaw off the Deff dred, and the heavy bolter dals three wounds to the warboss' nobs mob. The terminators teleport in right next to the meganobs and blast on them for no wounds. The command squad charges the meganobs and gets chopped up for their trouble. The ork Warboss mob kept on running, waaagh!!!! The kans and dreds kept stomping ever closer and the Big Mek with KFF and his mob of 24 slugga boys pop out of the sewer on the rear left flank of the marines.

BR2.turn 2 orks.jpg

BR2. bigmek and boys arrive.jpg

Turn 4 the Marines keep shooting, trying to stop the advancing kans. The Dreadnaught charges the meganobs and rips two apart before becoming immobilized by the third.

BR2.immobilized dred.jpg

This is when I ran out of memory card space. So bear with me.

The kans charged the tact squads. The Termies charged the Kans. The nobs charged the termies. The dred and other kans kept chopping away at the squads they had tied up. The Bigmek mob charged the devs.

Turn 5... The Kans were wiped out by the terminators, the terminators were wiped out by the Warboss his 10 nobs with their 4 power klaws. The devs died under the boots of the slugga mob and the nobs mopped up the last of the tact squad.

Orks win 2-5. I know this report is rather sketchy, I hope it was at least mildly interesting. I'll get the hang of this sooner or later.

Overall I was worried the 390 some point nobs mob was ridiculous and would get shot to crap before they got to the fight but this cover heavy city terrain was really good to them. I don't think Leroy did anything wrong, I just think his dice were bad. He had three turns of shooting that really resulted in nothing good for him. Also that sewers stratagem is brutal. This was the first time either of us saw it in action and I know next time serious precautions will be taken. So that's that, maybe Mr. Putty will chime in here and refute my documentation, I know it's a bit flawed, or just add his 2 cents.

I'm really gonna have to start writing things down. Cheers!
Skeller

Re: Orks vs Space Marines 01.31.09

Postby LeroyPutty » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:18 am

Awesome battle report Skeller. The huge melee with marines, terms, kans, and nobz in turn four was just unreal. Learn alot about marines that match. Can't wait to play them again!
LeroyPutty

Postby Skeller » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:16 am

Looking back I realize I had 17 power klaws in this list. Although 8 of them were Dred close combat weapons, but still, that just seems wrong.
Skeller

Postby ImperialServant » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:41 am

There's nothing wrong with spam, in moderation that is.
ImperialServant

Postby Skeller » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:13 am

Next time I post one of these I'm going to have to spend some time and mask out the table edges in photoshop. Fancy it up a bit. Also remember who did what and when.
Skeller

Return to Battle Reports